|Photo by Anosmia on Flickr|
A: Granular activated carbon has long been used by nuclear power plants across the world for the containment of radioactive gas.
At, AllerAir we have access to over 40 blends of high-grade, granular activated carbon available for use in our AllerAir residential line of air cleaners and our Electrocorp line of industrial air scrubbers.* These high-grade carbons are used for a wide variety of complex airborne gases, chemicals and odors including radioactive gas. A medical-grade HEPA filter may also be combined to remove radiated dust and particles.
While, a number of U.S. states and Canadian provinces have reported detecting radioisotopes in the air, water or in both, health and environmental authorities say that the "levels we are seeing are far below any levels of concern."
However, as we are a company that specializes in customized air cleaners and air purifiers, our units can always be configured to address specific airborne chemicals, gases and odors as requested by our customers.
It is important to remember that the air pollution we breathe everyday is far more likely to lead to chronic, even fatal disease and illness and does not receive the attention and concern it deserves.
More Resources for Information on Nuclear Radiation in North America:
- Air monitoring data for all EPA monitoring sites is available on the page EPA's RadNet Monitoring Data.
- The EPA's FAQ page for Japanese Nuclear Emergency: Radiation Monitoring
- Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission: Information related to Japan Earthquake
- Health Canada: Information Update: No radiation at harmful levels will reach Canada
|AllerAir's compact air purifiers|
with carbon + HEPA filtration.
Contact one of our air quality experts today to find out more about our indoor air quality solutions. Call 1-888-852-8247.
* Please contact AllerAir directly for information on specific carbon blends, availability and pricing.
Note: The information contained in this blog is general in nature and is not intended to prevent, treat or cure any disease or ailment. Please consult your health professional for specific information on your concerns or condition.